Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Fuji Pro Imaging????

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a few questions--I have heard that Fuji is thinking about dropping the production of Motion Picture film all together. I just called to Fuji retail and things were a bit dodgey--they connected me to the Mo. Pic line and it went dead. So I am just asking what is up any of you heard? I like Fuji far more than Kodak and it would really suck if they went the way of Agfa.

  2. #2
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The ultimate conspiracy....Drop film and FORCE everyone into video.

    The bastards. Some twiddling bean counter trying to predict the "inevitable" future and entrap everyone into doing it the same way.

    The New Corporate World Order......"Let's band together and save our individuality"

    Brought to you by the Corporations of the World.

    Got Film?


    Nigel, can there be any bigger evil in the world than to take away a craft that brings creativity and income to so many people, simply because of the hype of the dawn of digital?

    And simply because some bean counter has determined that digital will generate "more"...more what...garbage...more sameness....to kill a format while it makes money for so many people is a conspiracy by the corporate monopolies of the world...I certainly don't want a world of Kodak only.

    This is epically bad news.

    The video-8 hype of the 80's is what prematurely killed Super-8 in the early 80's.



    [This message has been edited by Alex (edited February 07, 2001).]

  3. #3
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Even if Fuji stops...their inventory film supply should exist for months...so it should be business as usual.

    I'd start with Foto-Kem labs in Burbank...ask them about the Fuji situation.

    Next I'd try Studio Film and Tape in Hollywood...(323) area code.

    And finally, American Cinematographer should know something.

    [This message has been edited by Alex (edited February 07, 2001).]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Alex--

    I like your hyperbole very much. I even like what you say about many many things. I simply wanted to know since I started shooting a feature on Fuji and I know need to buy about 2000 dollars in more film for re-shoots. So if anyone can please answer I would be thankful--I can debate about the wonderful world of capitalism later.

  5. #5
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nigel, the main reason I gave a diatribe commentary response a few posts back is I was shocked to erroneously hear that BOTH Agfa and Fuji were closing shop.

    It didn't make sense why Fuji would shut down when they will probably get a bump in business from Agfa customers.

    I INCORRECTLY assumed you had read about AGFA's demise on this very website...it was discussed at great length about a month ago...so I didn't consider you had confused the two.

    There's that word again....assume.

    Alex



    [This message has been edited by Alex (edited February 09, 2001).]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member rollemfilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2000
    Posts
    437
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think Fugi did stop production of double perf though.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Alex--

    Thanks. However, I got to the bottom of the problem. My source was confused and meant to say Agfa. The phone problem can not be explained. I got off the phone with Fuji-Pro and they assured me that they are going no-where fast. Thanks for the tips. I do like FotoKem they seem to be good guys in the little I have dealt with them. Good Luck

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I read about Agfa in Filmmaker, AIVF, Moviemaker or one of the many countless mags I get. They are still going to be around they are just concentrating on the digital world like scanners and such.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •